The UWABC Blues Committee awards UWABC Club Blazers each year to individuals at the Club Annual Dinner. Club blazers are to be awarded to members of the boat club who have represented the UWA Boat Club in an exemplary manner, either on or off the water.
Blues, Colours, and Letters requirements are here.
1. Racing Membership at the club for 5 years
2. Receiving of a Full or Half Blue from the University of WA
3. Club Committee Service (or equivalent) of 3 years or more
4. Holding the position of Captain
5. Holding the position of President
6. Claiming Oarsman or Oarswoman of the year
7. Exceptional performance for the Club (and being a member in excess of 2 years)
All nominations will be forwarded and heard irrespective of adherence to the above conditions. Adherence to the above conditions does not guarantee eligibility. Accompanying evidence regarding reason(s) for selection should accompany the application.
Nominations will be decided by the Blues Committee.
1. The years you have been active within the club as a racing member
2. The years you have been active within the club as a committee member
3. The years you have been active within the club as a coach
4. A summary of sporting achievements and club services while a member at UWABC
5. If you have been previously awarded a Half or Full UWA Blue by UWABC
6. If you have been previously awarded a UWA Club Service Award by UWABC
7. If you have been previously awarded a UWA Club Letter by UWABC
8. Name, address and telephone number of at least one (1) referee who can comment on the applicant’s sporting achievements and club service.
Please call Rob Hepburn the UWABC Blues Committee Representative on 0400 015 676 or email Robert.Hepburn82 [at] gmail.com if you have any questions.
Note that UWABC will supply the fabric required to tailor blazers but the cost of tailoring blazers and pockets is to be borne by the individual.
All club jacket pockets are customised to indicate the following; IV representation, State Representation, National representation; Full Blue, Half Blue, Club Letter, Club Service, Captain. All jacket pockets must be approved by the Captain and President before being affixed to the blazer.
Please fill in the following Blazer Application form and submit to the Club President via email, president [at] uwarowing.org.au.